My husband and I were just in NYC where the food was of course outstanding. I only “cheated” with one dinner indulging in some fantastic gluten and soy filled ramen at Ivan Ramen. It was heavenly but I certainly paid for it with an instant headache and all swollen the next day. Nothing a little hike on the Brooklyn bridge couldn’t fix.
One of my favorite meals was at a place called Tiny’s near our hotel in Tribeca. It was an egg dish with crispy quinoa served with greens and poached eggs. Similar to a hash. Definitely something I’ll have to try in the kitchen. For now though, I need to detox which means salads every damn day, including this little gem.
- ½ cup roasted sweet potatoes or butternut squash, 1-1½ inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon oil, I used avocado
- 2 cups arugula
- ½ cup quinoa
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 10 dried figs, halved
- 1/ 4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Toss potatoes with oil and spread onto a baking sheet to roast for 40 minutes or slightly browned
- Meanwhile prepare quinoa and render bacon on the stove for 10 minutes
- Let potatoes and bacon cool for five minutes before tossing with arugula, figs and pumpkin seeds
- Dress with your favorite vinaigrette or make one with 3 Tablespoons olive oil, 1 Tablespoon of your favorite vinegar, cracked pepper and salt to taste
- Best at room temperature