Now that I feel like I completely mastered the chocolate chip cookie, I’ve been itching to try other kinds. Rough goal, I know. My family is happy to taste test.
This idea came to me after a few unsuccessful attempts at a ginger molasses cookie. Hopefully that will show up on here soon. I like pumpkin spice but not in a nutty way. I mostly enjoy it in a baked good which is why I made these lovely mounds of sugar. If you want to amp up those flavors you could mix in pumpkin pie spice into the cinnamon sugar mixture as well. Enjoy!
- 2½ cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons ground flax
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ½-1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup oil, I use avocado
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- Cinnamon sugar for rolling, I used brown but coconut works too.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix all the dry ingredients together with a fork.
- Add syrup, oil and molasses to combine.
- Roll 1½ inch balls in cinnamon sugar and flatten gently with a fork, crosswise.