I might start posting over the weekends now since my free time has been consumed trying to finish Game of Thrones before the new season begins. Man, this show is taking over my life but I can’t stop and I have about a show per day before it starts again. I know I’m not alone in this obsession.
I posted this photo last week of this SUPER yummy cheesecake before I tried it. I’m finally getting around to posting the recipe now that I know it is worth sharing. I used a gluten free chocolate crust I had gotten on sale after the holidays that was burning a whole in my pantry. It’s called MI-DEL Chocolate Snap, pictured above. The filing requires a high speed blender to get that smooth texture. Honestly though, I think it would still taste good with the cashew chunks.
- 1 vegan, gluten-free chocolate pie shell
- 2 cups raw cashews
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ coconut milk, canned
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted) or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- green food coloring if preferred, I used about 10 drops
- ⅛ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Soak cashews in water for an hour
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips to a high speed blender and mix until smooth
- Pour ingredients into pie shell and sprinkle with chocolate chips
- Set in freezer for 4-6 hours
- Serve with coconut whip cream or chocolate sauce