Growing up, my Dad owned a a chain of sub shops called Pickle Barrel. One of his pride and joy recipes was his egg salad. His secret ingredient was Miracle Whip but I don’t eat the stuff anymore. I’m not even sure what it’s made of but egg salad is still a favorite of mine I just make it with mayo. This one is made with beets for some extra nutritional value and tartness. I ate it on some celery sticks but it tastes just as good on a crusty roll or cracker, according to my husband.
Egg Salad with Beets
Recipe type: Salad
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup roasted beets (I used the jarred trader joes variation)
- 1 Tablespoon diced red onion
- salt and pepper
- (optional) 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- bread, celery sticks, cucumber, field greens or whatever vehicle you prefer
- Mix eggs, mayo, dijon, beets, red onion, dill, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Serve with your preferred vehicle