Did you know if you plug your left nostril and breathe in through the right and exhale through the left for about 10 long breathes you will instantly feel energized? I’m not even joking. Try it and tell me it doesn’t work. I just did it myself because I was feeling very unmotivated to do anything after a long morning.
Now back to the food part. This is my new favorite side dish. It’s what I would consider pretty quick to prepare and even quicker to cook. Plus, I love that I can make different variations like coconut rice, lime cilantro rice, or fried rice. (recipes to come) For now, try this one out and enjoy it with whatever main dish you’re hearts desire. Bonus, my kids haven’t even noticed it’s not really rice.
- medium head of Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil or your fat of choice
- 1 small onion or shallot, diced
- 1 wedge of lemon
- salt and pepper
- Place the cauliflower in the food processor or blender and pulse till it's in rice like pieces.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan to medium heat and add the onion.
- Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes
- Add cauliflower pieces and sauté for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Cover with a lid and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes or desired doneness.
- Squeeze lemon over rice, salt and pepper.