Breakfast for dinner is a big hit in our house. I love it because I usually have everything I need to make it so it’s a quick go-to when I don’t have a plan. Like tonight, for instance.
I’ve made this for a few crowds even before eating paleo and it’s always been a hit. A few things I will note about this recipe, it’s way easier if you have a food processor or a Ninja Prep (which is like a a combination of a blender and processor), otherwise you’ll be grating potatoes for days. Did every cook back in the day have carpal tunnel? Oh, it’s also fairly rich dish so I’d recommend pairing it with a salad, some fruit or a cold breakfast beer to balance out the heaviness.
Sweet Potato Hash
Recipe type: Brunch, Main Course
- 5 sweet potatoes, peeled and halved to fit in processor
- 4-6 slices of bacon
- 1 clove of garlic or shallot, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat over to 350°F
- Process the sweet potatoes into small rice like size.
- Spread contents onto a baking sheet with a lip, lightly salt and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- While they are baking, render your bacon in a large pan big enough to hold the sweet potatoes too.
- Once the bacon is almost to your liking approximately 10-15 minuets, remove from the pan and set aside the bacon.
- Add the garlic to the bacon grease pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the baked sweet potatoes from the oven and add to the garlic and bacon grease.
- Cook the potatoes till they get lightly browned and crispy. More fat might be needed.
- Cut up the bacon and mix in with the potatoes.
- Serve the potatoes with a poached or fried egg on top, sliced avocado and green onion.