Well it’s about time. Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to keep posting. I was feeling a bit defeated and focused more attention on community driven projects. I’m still doing those things but with summer, I’ve got a teeny bit more time to do my stuff. Think tv shows, sprinklers and some mandatory quiet time so I can do what I need to do.
This recipe comes from my favorite cookbook, Food Lab with some alterations to make it not only dairy-free but with short cuts. I first had Mexican Street Corn aka Elote in Sedona, Arizone this spring at a wonderful restaurant of the same name. I think I ate an entire pound of it. It’s a fairly simple dish and according to my family, the cheese wasn’t necessary. Hope you like it as much as I do.
- 1 bag of trader joes, frozen roasted sweet corn (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons of oil, i used avocado
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- ½ cup of green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons of trader joes diced jarred sweet and spicy jalapenos
- chili powder
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the frozen corn and spread evenly. Let simmer for a few minutes before stirring. Cook for another two minutes or until evenly heated through.
- Mix the mayo, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and jalapeno together with the cooked corn. Add salt and chili powder to taste. Serve room temperature or hot.