I’ve never eaten so much zucchini in my life. I love these little “monster” noodles and they are so damn easy. I should clarify, I named them “monster” so my kids would eat them and I think it helped. I did the same with broccoli calling them “little trees” which for some reason made them eat them like candy. I guess it’s a form of playing with their food.
Here’s the the recipe for the bolognese sauce minus the slivered almond garnish.
- Oil of choice (I prefer coconut)
- 3 med size zucchini
- Trim off zucchini stem
- Spiralize zucchini into a bowl
- Salt the zucchini with a few shakes and let sit for 30-60 minutes (This step helps eliminate some of the water from the zucchini so it's not so soggy after cooking)
- Press the zucchini with a few paper towels
- Use a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat
- Oil the pan
- Sauté the noodles for 5 minutes
Here are a few extra shots showing the spiralizer I have. I like it because it takes up little cupboard space and super easy to clean.