Hello internet! After a long break, I’m back posting some healthy recipes. I’ll admit, I wasn’t on my best Jodi this holiday mainly because the husband and I were enjoying lots of drinks while he was home. It was a lot of fun but it’s definitely time to get back on the healthy train.
This recipe takes a little bit of prep but cook time is quick. It’s in heavy rotation at our house and sometimes I’ll add more fancy stuff like coconut avocado cream (recipe to come) but in a pinch, this fills all my taco desires, any time of the year.
- 1 lb of tilapia or another flaky white fish of your preference
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup sliced cabbage
- 1 lime, juiced and 2 teaspoon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, about 1 cup chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ªF
- Rub coconut oil on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the fish with ½ the salt and ½ the lime zest
- Cover the fish with another large piece of foil and pinch it shut making sure it's sealed
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until fish flakes
- Toss the cabbage with vinegar, lime juice, remaining zest and salt.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Top with cabbage, fish, avocado, radishes and cilantro.