Food and the internet are such an amazing marriage. I remember even a few years ago it was hard finding dairy-free recipes or any kind of whole food recipe besides what I could dig up on the almighty epicurious. Look how far it’s come! Buzzfeed’s Tasty videos for one, are knocking it out of the park. Even the ones I have no desire to try, I become memorized by. I love it all.
You know what else the internet just taught me? It’s brusselS sprouts. I didn’t know brussel was plural. How have I gone this long without knowing that? I’ve worked in restaurants with brusselSSSS sprouts on their menu for god sakes. Ah thank you internet, for all you do.
This is side dish is so damn good. They are shredded and roasted to a slightly charred salty chip. The best. Let me add that I buy them shredded in a bag because why the heck wouldn’t you.
- 1 10oz (or 1½ cups) Trader Joes shredded brussels bag
- ½ Tablespoon oil
- 1 cup sliced red grapes
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Pour the oil into the bag of brussels and toss
- Arrange them onto a baking sheet large enough to spread them into one layer, salt and pepper them and put them in the oven
- After 15 minutes, add grapes and walnuts and stir
- Roast for another 5-10 minutes, or until brussels are slightly charred